This document is an electronic record in terms of Information Technology Act, 2000, amendments thereof from time to time and the rules thereunder as applicable and the amended provisions pertaining to electronic records in various statutes as amended by the Information Technology Act, 2000. This electronic record is generated by a computer system and does not require any physical or digital signatures.
Please read the terms and conditions carefully before registering, accessing or using the Services (defined below). The terms and conditions is a legal contract ("Agreement") between You and Rising Tiger Softwares Pvt Ltd (“ChintaMoney”) having its registered office at #811, First Floor 10th A Main Road, Indiranagar, Bangalore - 560038, India. You agree and acknowledge that you have read the terms and conditions set forth below. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions or do not wish to be bound by these terms and conditions, you may not use the Services and/or immediately terminate the Services.
Terms of Service:
ChintaMoney is a budgeting and payments solution which facilitates payments and acts as such by creating, hosting, maintaining and providing Services to you via the Internet. Rising Tiger Softwares Pvt Ltd provides its Services to customers through ChintaMoney mobile payments application (“ChintaMoney App”), which acts as a container for various financial solutions including Unified Payment Interface (“BHIM UPI”)and third party financial products (hereinafter collectively referred to as “Services”). ChintaMoney provides its Services to individuals by enabling them to perform budgeting by connecting bank accounts through UPI and creating virtual savings and expense buckets.
By using the Services, you acknowledge and agree that ChintaMoney is not a bank and the Services should in no way be construed as the provision of banking services.
ChintaMoney offers its services in compliance with local laws and regulations.ChintaMoney App comprises of the following payment instruments/services:
Creation or Deletion of buckets:
ChintaMoney App allows you to virtually create or delete buckets for savings and expenses on the application. You can set a budget to each bucket. This does not mobilise your funds from your bank account to the application. It adds a virtual layer of buckets to the funds in your bank account.
Direct-Debit Using UPI:
The Unified Payment Interface ("BHIM UPI") is a payment service platform ("Platform") developed by National Payments Corporation of India ("NPCI"), an umbrella organization incorporated in 2008 and acting as the settlement/clearing house/regulatory agency for BHIM UPI services. The application software ("ChintaMoney App") connects the Platform in partnership/association with Kotak Mahindra Bank Private Limited, a bank licensed under the Banking Regulation Act, 1949.
Purchase of financial products through the app:
ChintaMoney App allows you to purchase or invest in various financial products through its partners. ChintaMoney acts as a platform to purchase or invest in various financial products and it cannot be held liable for the actions of third party service providers. You are advised to go through the terms and conditions of third party service providers before making a purchase.
ChintaMoney Services are currently available to customers with an active Indian mobile number, a smartphone and having a bank account in India. ChintaMoney UPI payment is available only to people:
a. With bank accounts in one of the UPI member banks.
b. Who have provided the same mobile number to ChintaMoney(during registration) as the one registered with their respective bank.
In order to use the full spectrum of ChintaMoney Services, You need to register on the ChintaMoney App and provide us with accurate and complete information. You are also required to keep your accounts and contact information complete and updated at all times. Any account found to contain incorrect and/or outdated information will be suspended.
Upon downloading the ChintaMoney App, You have to necessarily allow permission to ChintaMoney to send an SMS from Your smartphone to ChintaMoney’s Virtual mobile number, which allows ChintaMoney to verify Your mobile number and register Your device details against Your ChintaMoney account. This is a mandatory security step, and You accept that ChintaMoney has the sole right to not allow you to use Your ChintaMoney app without the completion of this step.
It is Your responsibility to provide Your correct mobile number so that We can communicate with You via SMS. You understand and agree that if We send you an SMS but You do not receive it because Your mobile number on file is incorrect or out of date, blocked by your service provider, or you are otherwise unable to receive SMS, We shall be deemed to have provided the communication to You effectively. Please note that if You use a spam filter that blocks or re-routes SMSes from senders not listed in Your contacts, you must ensure that ChintaMoney SMSes are marked as trusted as 'not-spam', so that you will be able to view the Communications we send to you.
The mobile number provided by you should be the same as registered with your bank against your bank account, to enable BHIM UPI transactions from ChintaMoney app. ChintaMoney will not be liable for any such mismatch leading to your failure to access BHIM UPI transactions on ChintaMoney app.
It is Your responsibility to keep Your primary email address up to date so that We can communicate with You electronically. You understand and agree that if We send you an electronic communication but You do not receive it because Your primary email address on file is incorrect, out of date, blocked by your service provider, or you are otherwise unable to receive electronic Communications, We shall be deemed to have provided the communication to You effectively. Please note that if You use a spam filter that blocks or re-routes emails from senders not listed in Your email address book, you must add ChintaMoney to your email address book so that you will be able to view the Communications we send to you.
You can update your primary email address at any time by logging into the ChintaMoney App. If Your email address becomes invalid such that electronic communications sent to you by Us is returned, We may deem your account to be inactive, and You will not be able to transact any activity using your ChintaMoney Account until We receive a valid, working primary email address from you.
The device (smartphone) on which You download ChintaMoney App and use during registration, shall become Your registered device and it's details shall be stored by us. The moment You log into your ChintaMoney account from a different device using the ChintaMoney app, You will be asked to allow ChintaMoney to send an SMS from the new device, after which the new device becomes the registered device.
You will not be able to access your ChintaMoney account or authorize BHIM UPI transactions using your previous device until you re-login and re-authorize yourself on that device.
Any Other information
We may ask for and store additional information to either extend more Services or even as additional requirement for continuing the existing Services or sub-services.
Beneficial Owner : You must be the beneficial owner of the Account, and conduct business only on behalf of yourself.
Username and Password : You must be the beneficial owner of the Account, and conduct business only on behalf of yourself.
1. A set of username and password is unique to Your use of the Service and You shall not share, assign or permit the use of Your username and password to any other persons. You acknowledge that sharing of Your username and password with other persons (collectively, "multiple use") may cause irreparable harm to ChintaMoney . You shall indemnify ChintaMoney against any loss or damage suffered by ChintaMoney as a result of such multiple use. You undertake to notify ChintaMoney immediately of any unauthorized use of your username or password or any other breach of security. You agree that ChintaMoney shall not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this section.
2. You shall be solely responsible for:
a. maintaining the confidentiality of Your ChintaMoney username and password
b. maintaining the confidentiality of Your Bank account BHIM UPI PIN and OTP messages
c. maintaining the confidentiality of any credentials or/and information using which, one can impersonate you
d. all transactions and activities that occur under your username and password
e. all consequences of use or misuse of your username and password
f. never sharing any of the above credentials with anyone including anyone claiming-from or from bank, ChintaMoney etc.
BHIM UPI User Obligations
1. You must ensure the availability of sufficient funds in the bank account before executing any transaction from your Account.
2. You acknowledge, represent and warrant that the BHIM UPI PIN generated by You, at any time, that is either before/at the time of linking Your account with ChintaMoney BHIM UPI or regenerated anytime thereafter, provides access to the fund transfer through your linked bank a/c and that You are the sole and exclusive owner, and the only authorized user of the BHIM UPI PIN. You accept sole responsibility for use, confidentiality and protection of the BHIM UPI PIN as well as for the Services availed through the use of BHIM UPI PIN. The BHIM UPI PIN is issued and verified by the Bank and is neither stored nor accessed by ChintaMoney . The User grants express authority to ChintaMoney for carrying out instructions authenticated by such BHIM UPI PIN. The User unconditionally undertakes to have BHIM UPI PIN of such number of digits as may be notified by the Bank from time to time and to ensure that the same is kept confidential. If the User forgets the BHIM UPI PIN, then the User may regenerate the BHIM UPI PIN from his ChintaMoney App.
3. You authorize ChintaMoney to forward to your bank, your request to debit your linked bank account when You link your account with ChintaMoney App. You are solely responsible for complying with any terms set by your bank or with respect to your account, including any fee terms, such as non-sufficient fund or overdraft fee terms.